Sunday, September 23, 2012

bookbinding

My creative energy has been crazy lately... I have just been wanting to MAKE stuff. You saw my pottery attempts, and I still have lots of interest in ceramics, but I gave it a rest. I think I went too full force into it. Needless to say, I found a new outlet for my need to make things. This new activity is also cheaper, less messy, and takes less time to complete a project. 
What is this activity?

Bookbinding! 

I have always been interested in it, but never really tried any projects until tonight. I used a tutorial in this video. It's pretty basic, and I had lots of fun!
Mine are a little rough, but it was my first time, and I am quite happy with the outcome!



I already have some other projects by that same Youtube user in mind. I have watched every one of her videos, and she is great!
_

A year or so ago, I was given a succulent type plant from someone at my work (I work at a garden center), and today I walked out to my backyard and was surprised to see it was in bud! 


It's huge! Obviously I haven't checked on it in a while, since I'm just now noticing it. The bud is actually airtight, and full of air like a balloon.
I did some research, and it turns out this flower will smell very bad, almost like rotting flesh. This attracts flies and other insects to help pollinate the plant. 
I probably wont be smelling this one, like I do my roses.

_

And I leave you with a picture of the sunset on my way home from work this evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment