Sunday, September 9, 2012

slab

So.. This week I took an interest in ceramics! We have a kiln two kilns, but never used them! A few months ago we bought some clay to do some handbuilding. Yesterday we just started working with it. 
On the first day, I tried pinching. My pinch pot turned out decent, but the bottom was too thin, so it broke out.

Today I tried slabbing! It went MUCH better. I had such a good time working with slabs. Here's what I made:


I let it dry for a couple of hours (it was already almost leather-hard), then I took the scraper to it to smooth out the edges and corners. Doing that, I broke one of the corners on the rim. I decided to cut all of the corners... I think it still looks decent. I can't wait to glaze it and see what it looks like!



I also finally got a new set of strings for my viola. I am trying Evah Pirazzi strings. So far so good!


Anyway, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment