Monday, August 6, 2012

a few favorites

Hello again! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite postcards today. I'm a member of Postcrossing. A postcard exchange program. It's tons of fun! As I get postcards in, I'll post them here as well. Since I haven't received any this week, I'll post a few favorites. 

This first one is from a lovely young musician in Boston! She even drew some of Bach's cello prelude under my address. :)

This one came from Vienna. It shows the Mozart memorial! I think that should pretty much sum up why it's a favorite!


This next one is so unique! The sender (from Russia) created it out of some card stock and old stamps! I love it.


This one came from New York, but she got the card in Venice. I love this theater! So beautiful.

Okay.. So this last one isn't from Postcrossing members... It's actually a vintage postcard, that was sent from Oklahoma City in 1914! It's amazing to see such an old picture of OKC, and writing from a person living their everyday life.

I have postcards from over 36 different countries. It's so fun to see what is in my mailbox each day! I look forward to sharing more of these treasures with other people!





1 comment:

  1. I love the postcards! will send you some if I ever get out of here again.... :)

    ReplyDelete